- Burlington VT - Ward 4 and Ward 7

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

6:00 PM, Miller Center Community Room, 130 Gosse Court


Burlington  Vermont Flood Disaster Response

The City of Burlington will host a public meeting 6 pm Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at the Miller Center Community Room (130 Gosse Court) to provide information and to answer questions about the city's flood disaster response. Topics will include flood damage assessment to buildings, repairs, regulatory requirements, and opportunities for assistance.

We have sent out a press release and posted this on the Front Porch Forum and plan to place notices out as well -- anything you can do to let people know would be most welcome.

Many thanks!

Joe Reinert
Assistant to the Mayor
Room 34, City Hall
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 865-7275
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Office of Mayor Bob Kiss

Last Updated on Friday, 17 June 2011 17:39

FEMA Assistance Appoved


Great News

The White House and the Federal Emergency Management Agency approved money for seven Vermont counties. According to NECN, "Individuals and businesses can get money from a host of sources, including loans from the Small Business Administration, to help in the recovery. Business loans will be low-interest and run up to $2-million, leaders said. For private homeowners, repair support will go up to $30,000, and loans to nearly a quarter-million dollars." Read the full story here.

To get started with you application, visit the FEMA website or call (800) 621-3362.

Last Updated on Thursday, 16 June 2011 17:35

North Cove Flooding

North Cove is probably the hardest hit area of the New North End. The cleanup will be massive and the residents will need help from their neighbors. The help will come in several forms: industrial cleaning equipment like wet-vacs and power fans, cleaning supplies, trash hauling, and a lot more.

North Cove by Satellite

North Cove Map and Satellite
Last Updated on Thursday, 19 May 2011 19:20

What can Homeowners do?

The most important thing you can do right now is report your property damage

Call 211 to report you flooding damage

In order to get FEMA money, the state, county and local governments must show that the damage is severe enough to warrant the federal aid. The only way they can do that is if everybody reports the damage sustained to their property.

If you have further questions or need to speak to somebody associated with Burlington Government, The Department of Public Works has also set up a number to call:

Burlington DPW: 863-9094

Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 02:57



Website Design by

Burlington VT SEO -